Saturday, September 8, 2007

And now, back to my thoughts...

Today, I woke up to this smokey sunrise:


So, I decided to ride above the soot:




To the Kings Canyon National Park:



This was my first ride in about 10 days, so I was doing my own ride. No goals, no expectations, no schedule, no riding partner. Entering the park, entailed a 15-mile ascent; which I had not done since riding in the French Alps. I was thrilled to be out again on my bike so with each turn, I was glad to see the road continuing to rise into the pines.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

a beatiful day...even with some of the haze

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

yay!


good day.

Velo Bella said...

ahhhhh

Kathie Reid-Bevington said...

Glad to read you're returning to your riding roots, Denise! Wish I'd been there to see if you still scream like a girl! Miss pedalin' with ya.

Allison Krasnow said...

was it you at benecia last week who fixed up Karla after her crash? i'm wondering if i have just put 2 and 2 together. lemme know.
Ali

Denise said...

Nope, it was not me....my last race was San Ardo.

Ippoc Amic said...

we couldn't reach your site when we were away...something about those adult videos blocked you as a naughty site...

Ippoc Amic said...

oh, and that climb sounds long but pretty...