Saturday, November 3, 2007

Cross-training up the ying-yang...

Since race season ended (San Ardo) I have implemented a cross-training program, into my regimen. For the past 6 years, I've been riding 5 days a week, year round......so this new program is awesome for my brain; it's a mental and physcial break.





I do this twice a week and LOVE it. I feel great and the clothes are uber-cute:













Doing this twice a week, I can finally see my
tricep muscles and am developing flat abs.
I am a believer of this type of training:








Running twice a week really sucks, but it's a required course, as a part of my undergraduate work. I run 2-4 miles and hate every step of the way. I don't know how I ever managed to do a marathon!





Of course, I do this twice a week.....everything else is done to to enhance my favorite form of exercise:

6 comments:

X Bunny said...

that tricep thing looks like it's a torture device

but i'm glad you're enjoying yourself!

Anonymous said...

tell me more about flat abs! what's your secret???

go denise!

chatterbox said...

I threw my back out with my cross-training program. So, I'm back to riding 5x per week until things settle down.

Glad you're having fun!

Denise said...

Bunny-that is a Pilates Reformer Bed. It looks like intimidating, but it is fun.

Flandria-yes, I am getting close to obtaining my 2-pak abs, thanks to yoga and Pilates.

Chatterbox-my back was way screwed up,so my chiro suggested I stregthen my core. I feel like a million bucks now, though I do miss my bike.

Katie said...

nice bling! Oh la la. I need to cross train... drat.

Ippoc Amic said...

dang...core...gotta do it...i want flat abs too...