Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm bummed.....

One of my best friends, Kathie, is moving to Colorado tomorrow. We have rode together for 5 years now and have logged probable 10,000 miles together. Her quick wit just made those miles just fly by. It's going to be hard to find a replacement.

Cat, my cycling inspiration, is moving to Washington in a few weeks. She is a perfect example of what a female athlete is: her strong will and balanced training program enables her to consistantly achieve her goals. I frequenlty look to her for advice.

One of my longest and dearest friends, Marion, has been battling cancer for about a year now. We thought she had it licked, but it became increasingly aggressive over this past month. Yesterday, she told me that the doctors are giving her 2 months to live. If she continues with the strong chemo treatments, she will live up to 6 months.

I am so saddened by this string of events. Kathie, Cat and I will be able to e-mail and talk, but with Marion it is different.....this is difficult to swallow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hard times...take it easy Denise.

Denise said...

Thanks Flandria.
Sometimes, life just sucks......but we get stronger.

marscat said...

hi denise, that's sad about your friends...sorry, you have to deal with all that at once.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Denise, I'm sending you a big hug.