Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Road trip!

Bridgit and I, (youngest sis) drove to the Timpani criterium together and then headed straight out for an unplanned excursion down Highway 1. We had 3-4 days, to do and go wherever we wanted....no kids and no husbands. We roughed it everyday at campsites, by the beach.









I brought along variety of bikes for us: road, mountain and a beach cruiser. I chose the cruiser and Bridget hopped onto the mountain bike, which she promptly fell off-providing many hours of laughter for me.


We checked out the multi-million dollar condos that were perched on the beach cliffs. I was trying to peer into the open windows (nobody closes their curtains, when living on the beach) hoping to catch a glimpse of what a millionaire lifestyle entails. I saw a hairy-backed man in a Speedo watering his plants and that was about it.....

We headed off to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk for our next adventure. http://www.beachboardwalk.com/ No rides for us, instead we shopped, ate, and people-watched. Being the older sibling, I still have this uncanny ability to make the younger siblings do what I want.....like wearing a corny hat in public. Again, this provided many more hours of laughter for me.


We watched the sunning seals, while chomping on salt water taffy.








For our next outing, we went to the Winchester Mystery House, which was really cool. Bridgit invested $7.00 in an all-you-can-drink soda cup, which she promptly slurped up her money's worth of Dr. Pepper...again, providing me with hours of laughter. http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/



Oddly (or eerie-ly) my camera would not work inside the mansion, so I have no pics to show you. The tour took us about 3-hours and it was worth every penny. The craftsmanship is simply amazing.


We headed back to Fresno, where I was happily greeted by Jimmy and doggie, Bo. Though we missed our families, Bridgit and I had a great time and we cannot wait to do this again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time!!!

Reese's Space said...

You know that place is haunted, you took James and I there a few different time when we were younger. I know some things they may stage, but electomagnetic impluses that interfer with cameras are hard to duplicate on purpose without causeing harm to people. *shrugs* But what ever...

Reese