Saturday, July 7, 2007

Third time must be a charm....

DARN IT! DARN IT! DARN IT!


This was my second race in the past three days, and for the second time things did not go as planned. These past two races, were supposed to give me the last few points I needed to upgrade...... I was so friggin bummed!



Coyote Creek Circuit Race, grouped all of the women into a single field, making for a large start with a range of skilled and unskilled pack riders. Midway on the only hill, I hear squelching a few shoulders over--which means someone is going down. I tried to accelerate out of the area of pending carnage, but EMC gal Kim, fell directly in front of me, which pushed me into the curb of the sidewalk. It was not her fault, as it was the result of the "domino effect" of racing and crashing.




EMC and I untangle our bikes and we checked to make sure all was well with our equipment. We look up and the field has crested the hill.....sigh. She felt really bad for taking me out and she pulled my butt to the end of the finish line!! EMC even offered to let me cross the finish line first, but that would not be kosher, in my book.



Even though my race plan fell through, I had an awesome training ride and made an new alliance, which is really cool. Our team went for a spin afterwards to chat about our race and that was a great way to end my day in San Jose.



Lafayette criterium, here I come.........



6 comments:

Ippoc Amic said...

That is a bummer about the crash.

Anonymous said...

bum...mmmm...er!

X Bunny said...

you got 10th in the results and there were more than 10 riders in the race so this counts as a top ten!!
yay!!

Anonymous said...

Crap...at least you and Kim didn't get hurt!!!
It seems like you have more than 10 top ten. I don't think that the points expire...I hope they don't otherwise I would need 8 more top ten this year to upgrade!! Yikes..

X Bunny said...

points expire but top 10s never do....yay!

Brown said...

bum...mmmm...er!