Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jackass Driver


This is a brand-new, 4' wide, bike lane. I'm rolling along today and I feel the presence of a vehicle coming up on my rear.......uncomfortablely close. He is pulling a small trailer and as he passes by me on this curve, his trailer serves into my lane. He pushes me over the curb (fortunately, it is nicely sloped) and into the dirt.


I flipped him off (something I have done only one other time) and then shouted "C*#K SUCKER!" (that word I have used only once, as well). I was really hoping he would have pulled over. I was so angry. The entire way home, I was looking for that black trailer with snow on the bumper. I envisioned flattening all of his tires.

Bast*/!d. (that word I use alot)

11 comments:

Ippoc Amic said...

fricker driver...glad you were ok though...

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I'm glad you're okay, Denise.

Sacwheelgirl said...

What a royal A-HOLE. Just proves that we are never really that safe on the road.

Anonymous said...

it seems pretty isolated out there, hope you are riding with a buddy...

take care out there!

marscat said...

be careful...i once flipped a guy off and he got out of his truck and started pounding his chest:

"you want a piece of me?" he said.

i most certainly did not.

Denise said...

Finger-flipping does not come naturally to me,so for it to occur, tells you the level of pissed-offness (?) that I was.

Marscat----you too funny.

Anonymous said...

Then You Wonder Why I Worry About You So Much

Anonymous said...

oops, I'm not anonymous:) just mom

Kathie Reid-Bevington said...

I guess I really do need to come back to Fresno so we can flip dopes like that the DOUBLE bird!

Are you sure you've only used the word "c*#k sucker" once?.....

Anonymous said...

While I admit that you are totally in the right, I was reminded of one
time not long ago where a woman blew through a stop sign right in front of me and
after I honked and shrugged my shoulders as if to ask, "What the hell you doing, lady?", she flipps me the middle finger.
It was the first time in my life I saw red, stopped the car, got out and, as she's frantically waiting to merge into the oncoming traffic,
proceeded to berate her and her boyfriend or whoever he was.
Kinda funny...neither one would even look at me the whole time I'm screaming at them...I don't think she's flipped off anyone else since.

Denise said...

I am one of the most law-abiding cyclists, that any driver will encounter. I know that one bad encounter with a cyclist will be the only impression that the driver has of all riders. I go out of my way to be friendly to cars.

Because of that, is why I was so angered. Flipping people off, is not my normal demeanor.

I appreciate your comment....though anonymous. That always makes me wonder why???