Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mother Nature needs to make up her mind.....


It rained, I mean POURED, last week and this week we are expecting 65-78 degrees. Today I rode out to do a hill fit-test for coach and it was amazingly beautiful. The snow capped mountains were easily visible, hundreds of calves were frolicking on green hills, and blossoms on fruit trees abound.




When I got home, I washed the ol' bike for the first time in ages. It has been so cold, that if my bike needed a cleaning, I would squirt the hose on it for a few mili-moments and then run back in the house. Today, was the exception. I cleaned the gears, washed the tires, and de-gunked the chain so it is clean for tomorrow's ride. It is supposed to be 70. Gotta love living in Cali.

6 comments:

Sacwheelgirl said...

Sounds beautiful! A clean bike with perfect weather-- awesome.

X Bunny said...

fresno has got to have at least double it's annual rainfall total already!

Denise said...

Sacgirl: yes, it is a perfect combo, indeed.
Xbunny: we are at 110% of normal, but still considered a drought environment.

ziggy65 said...

Hey, how are you? Stop complaining about rain. We need it here in Georgia. We also are getting thirty degree weather during the day and teens at night. Too cold for me.

Peggy

Kathie Reid-Bevington said...

Beautiful summer weather here in my part of the Rockies, too....today it was over 60! I walked around outside in capris and flip-flops -- sweet! I hit the trainer inside, though, as it's been pretty windy out along the hills. I talked to a guy on Sunday -- little tiny guy -- whose shorts were absolutely thrashed because he got blown over while riding...big bummer!!! Anyway....see you soon!

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

hey there! who is coaching you? I've decided I can't be a hack anymore and keep coaching myself so I'm going to get a coach again....