Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day recap....

Jimmy gave me some wonderful 'unmentionables' from Victoria's Secret, in a special gift basket; this was the first time he ever bought anything from that store and I was flabbergasted. Also, he brought me a dozen of the most beautiful, peach-colored roses, I have ever seen.

I bought him a new wedding band and asked him to remarry me. Honestly, I was a bit nervous about the entire thing, as he thinks that renewing wedding vows are hookey. What if he were to laugh at the idea or worse yet, what if he turned down my proposal?

Fortunately, he said "yes" (and quite happily). June will be our 28th anniversary and I know most couple renew their vows on their 25th or 50th anniversary, but I cannot wait until then. I am hopelessly, madly in love with my husband and I cannot wait a few more years. We'll do this by ourselves on the beach..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo romantic and cute!

Kathie Reid-Bevington said...

Well, I'm sure it won't be the first time you and Jimmy have done it alone on the beach...just don't end up on YouTube, huh?!

Really, very sweet, and I'm proud of you for facing your fears and proposing. He's clearly madly in love with you, too, so there's no way he could have said no.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

28 years! what an accomplishment. congratulations for you both.