Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Riding...


I went on a 2.5 hour endurance ride with a friend today. The great thing about doing endurance mileage, is that you get to stop and smell the flowers, without any fear of your HR dropping. When my HR is at 150 I can enjoy the scenery, sounds, and scents that a cyclist has the opportunity to enjoy.

There are ACRES of these wild flowers on the hillsides. The entire valley is in bloom right now and is amazing.



This lovely gal was happy to pose for me. I think she wanted to be petted, but I was too nervous to approach her. Her compadre, in the corner, was being distracted by my friend.
I am so fortunate to experience these kinds of simple things. Some people never get to see beyond their cubicle.......and that is sad.




4 comments:

Ippoc Amic said...

i love seeing animals on my ride and those are pretty flowers

Anonymous said...

those flowers are so beautiful...I just want to touch them...

Velo Bella said...

those flowers are amazing!!

marscat said...

Some people never get to see beyond their cubicle...

and more