Thursday, April 5, 2007

Livin' Life

Not boasting....merely appreciating....


I am really lucky to have the life that we have and I notice it more when I am on my bike. Yesterday, I went on a hilly 50-mile ride. As I was huffing and puffing to get to the top of each climb, I relished in the fact that I am given the opportunity to even do this.....on a weekeday, no less.

Fortunately, Jimmy loves to work. His passion for working allows me the luxury of having to clock-in only 3 days per week, which is great.

I ride my bike 5 days a week, go to school 4 days, work 3 nights and am able to hang out with my pets every day. Woo-Hoo! I am really fortunate to have my life. The kids moved out years ago and are healthy, we are financially comfortable, we have jobs that we love and I have a terrific hubby (he has a pretty awesome wife, too).....

3 comments:

Reese's Space said...

And I'd venture to say that you have a rather awsome set of kids too! Both tattooed but hey, it's family tradition right? You and dad both helped shape us into who we are today, and have helped pick us up if we have fallen. And for that I thank you.
Remember that even when things are rough and your stressing out over something (me usually) that James and I are both healthy adults, live in great places and remember where we come from and where our roots are.
I'm not sure if I've said it before, but I am proud of you mom. You do what most only DREAM of doing. You've DONE what most people keep saying they WANT to do but dont. I will never forget when you did marathons and such for the Lukimia sociaty.(Can't spell, sorry) You are my hero,You are who I look up to and hope to be like one day. Love you.
Reese

Anonymous said...

wow, you are a busy woman! go denise!

X Bunny said...

anyone who would name their kid 'pookie' is pretty cool in my book