Monday, April 16, 2007

Sea Otter rehash.....

Kathie and me!
Another fun weekend of racing under my belt. Ahhhhh......
Steve stayed with us on Thursday night and then Kathie arrived, staying Friday and Saturday. Good times.

Jimmy and I drove the RV on Thursday and rolled out Sunday afternoon. We encountered gale-force winds, 70 degree sun and a downpour that rivaled Noah's adventures.

The circuit race is held on the Laguna Seca Racetrack and is an awesome course--provided you are a mountatin goat. A huge hill, followed by a 40-mph corkscrew....that's the best part of this race. It is a tough course, to be sure. Racing with my teammates is so exhilerating!








On Saturday morning, the sun was out and so I decided to ride to Carmel Valley all by myself. Half-way up the gradient, the rain came down in buckets. It was the oddest optical illusion; I was trying to go up this hill and a river was flowing straight at me. It rained almost 1" while I was out. Once I got to the top of the Grade, I could see the row of RV's on the hillside. Look all the way to the top, right side, little white boxes....that's us!




On Sunday, Jimmy and Randy went to ride their mountain bikes, while Kathie and I went to the expo. We ate and drank every sample that was provided. Energy bars, amino acid drinks, natural supplements, potions and elixirs abound.


6 comments:

Kathie Reid-Bevington said...

Great Sea Otter rehash, Denise. As always, it was a blast, and I soooo appreciate the hospitality you and Jimmy have shared each year by letting me camp with you. I look forward to it all year! I just need to get you my pictures so you can put up our red chili photo...then everyone will really see how "hot" we are! Thanks again for the great time!
~ Kathie

Anonymous said...

nice pics! thanks Denise for being there and warming up with me...I'd be lost if we didn't meet up

I agree, I feel good riding with a team mate even after getting dropped - eeeewwww! hate that feeling...

Anonymous said...

thanks Kathie for the cheering!

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I have a great photo of you on my camera. I'll send it to you soon.

Denise said...

Velogirl....thank you for all of your cheering. A true example of sportsmanship.

A good pic of me on the circuit?! It must have been at the start or the finish, cause I was a hurtin' unit. :-)

Long said...

thanks Kathie for the cheering!