Monday, April 9, 2007

Meet the Rescues.....

I wish I had a picture of every stray we have taken in. Jimmy is an animal lover too, and he gets ga-ga-eyed when he sees an animal in need. Between the two of us, we have many happy stories to tell.


This is Ben and Jerry and these lil' guys were abandoned at my workplace. These two went to a great home, after they were nursed back to health and had been neutered.



Meet Lil' Kitty. As you can see, she has a collar, which means this stray still lives with us. I found her at work, when she was 5-weeks old. She was so thin, that her ribs were visible through her brittle fur and fleas were crawling in and out of her ears. Now, she is a very healthy and awesome 18-month old kitty. Noticed the clipped ear...a sign that she has been spayed.



This is one of the saddest attempts to rescue. Shown, is 1 of 2 dogs that were living inside of this drainage pipe, on a quiet farm road. I would drive out every other day to feed and water them, hoping to win their trust. Over the 3 months time, I watched them--from a distance--getting fatter and fatter. It was an awesome sight to my eyes. On one of their feeding days, I went out to the pipe and they were gone. No where in sight. I continued to leave food for another week or so, hoping to see any sign of them. When I resigned to the fact they had left the pipe/home for good, I drove away with tears in my heart. I am hoping that some rancher came by and swooped them into his pick-up truck and they all lived happily ever after.

4 comments:

Reese's Space said...

Hey Mom...I am glad to see that you have finally wrote something about your animals. I am glad that the poor doggies and Ben and Jerry. So when am I to see any of my kittys? Ok, well Im off here to do the cleaning and do my blog too.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

hunny worked for a humane society years ago and it took him a while to get use to seeing animals come in and put down...

it was tough for him some days to see dog and cats come in beaten up, hungry, dirty, full of fleas and just not taken care of

it takes a very special person to care for animals

Marion said...

hey Denise this is Jay my mom wanted to show me your blog, so im just saying whats up, how is school going? I just got accpected to Sonoma State and pretty much just do work school and judo, my mom said something about you needing to get math done, ive slacked on it for awhile there are a few things you can do if you just needs stats, anyways tell Jimmy, James and Sheree I said hey, Jay

Velo Bella said...

cuties

the kitties and the bellas!